Osborn Engineering is seeking a Senior Level Civil Manager for our Deerfield Beach or Orlando, FL office locations. This position would report to the Director of Civil Engineering. The ideal candidate would have 15+ years’ experience in planning, design, development and construction phases of a variety of projects.
Osborn is a fully integrated multi-disciplined design firm that uses a specialized team approach to engineering projects. These teams are comprised of a staff of more than 225 professionals that provide designs for all phases of a wide range of projects. Osborn has specialists in civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection and life safety, technology engineering, transportation and commissioning. As an employee-owned firm, each Osborn employee is committed to education and advancement – ensuring that each project is completed with a sense of pride. Osborn’s strength lies with its people.
- Envision client understanding of projects and development of a Scope of Services based on that understanding.
- Prepare contract proposals and project budgets.
- Maintain positive client and regulatory agency relationships.
- Comprehensive understanding of regional regulatory agencies.
- Manage, design, develop, create, and maintain small through large-scale projects, of differing complexities.
- Manage projects with multi-discipline engineering staff as well as manage the civil component staff of larger multi-disciplined engineering projects within Osborn.
- Develop and present project-specific or technical presentations to clients and in-house staff.
- Monitor progress and compile project status reports.
- Provide advice and creatively resolve any emerging problems/deficiencies.
- Responsible for budget tracking, cost control and report preparation.
- Responsible for effective shop drawing reviews and construction observation by staff.
- Mentor staff and promote a positive work culture.
- Direct the work efforts of engineers, designers, and CAD drafters.
This position will work closely with the directors, managers, and engineering staff to ensure that our client’s needs and expectations are exceeded. Main responsibilities include business development, staff management, client management, civil project management, project design, and plan preparation. Growth in design and leadership ability, dependability, and organizational skills will lead to future advancement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- PE License.
- 10 to 15 years’ design experience.
- Analysis software experience (sewer, water, stormwater, etc.).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Civil3D, Map3D, GIS, and/or BIM (plus).
- Ability to promote growth.
- Ability to coordinate work on projects within a multi-disciplinary team with minimal oversight.
- Ability to work on and manage several projects concurrently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Types of projects include, but are not limited to; master planning, site development, utility improvements, roadway improvements, stormwater management, grading, subdivisions, institutional campus improvements, coastal engineering, and sports fields design. Must be able to work independently to grow Civil operations in the area driving business and building a collaborative team.