The primary responsibility of this position is to originate and manage a portfolio of commercial and member business loans (MBL) for the Credit Union, with the overall objective of maintaining and increasing its asset quality. Develops new business relationships and fosters existing relationships, recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities to offer additional products and services. Day-to-day responsibility for the delivery of superior member service, operational integrity, and adherence to credit union policy, as well as all state and federal regulations.
Must be a solutions-oriented individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This individual will be responsible for soliciting and servicing requests for credit from current and prospective business members, producing a variety of commercial loans. The Business Lender will serve as primary contact and liaison for our third-party provider of business lending services.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Takes applications for commercial loan business. Obtains necessary documents to fully underwrite
and document credit requests, analyzing financial statements, as necessary. Reviews member financial condition and assesses the member’s ability to repay the loan. Makes underwriting decisions within approval authority. Facilitates the collection and routing of all necessary supporting documentation to third-party vendor, reviewing for completeness.
2. Participates in developing lending and deposit business for the Credit Union. Calls on members to
expand existing business; calls on prospects seeking opportunities to expand the company’s member base. Actively engages in business development and civic initiatives with contacts throughout the community, including members and prospective members to achieve defined goals.
3. Approves loan within established limits or refers loan for approval with recommendation. Verifies
loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy.
4. Monitors existing loan portfolio to maintain a high-quality asset base, assisting our third-party servicer as needed. Offers assistance in maintaining member files, to include current balance sheets, profit & loss statements, cash flow projections and all loan documentation. Responsible for ongoing portfolio management of relationships including identification and documentation of problem loans, policy exceptions, grade changes, annual reviews, watchlist reviews, and/or special reviews that may be required.
5. Preparation of regular portfolio reporting to Director of Lending Production, Executive Management
and/or Board of Directors, with presentation to interested parties on an as-requested basis.
6. Assists in collection of past due loans. Maintains credit quality to minimizes exceptions, and to prevent past dues and charge offs.
7. Must comply with all company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.