Osborn Engineering is seeking Transportation Engineers in multiple office locations in Ohio and/or Florida. This position will report to the Manager of Transportation Engineering and will work closely with directors, managers and engineering staff to ensure client's needs and expectations are met and exceeded in a timely fashion.
Osborn is a fully integrated multi-disciplined design firm that uses a specialized team approach to engineering projects. These teams are comprised of a staff of more than 225 professionals that provide designs for all phases of a wide range of projects. Osborn has specialists in civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection and life safety, technology engineering, transportation and commissioning. As an employee-owned firm, each Osborn employee is committed to education and advancement – ensuring that each project is completed with a sense of pride. Osborn’s strength lies with its people.
- Active team member working under the direct supervision of our Senior Project Engineers and Project Manager to design and develop various types of roadway/highway improvement projects throughout the State of Ohio and Florida.
- Develop horizontal and vertical roadway/highway alignments, design modelling, and engineering calculations.
- Perform all aspects of roadway/highway design, including drainage design, maintenance of traffic, pavement marking/striping and signing.
- Prepare preliminary and detailed design plans, quantities, specifications, and probably construction cost estimates.
- Perform critical thinking in development, evaluation, selection, and modification of standards engineering techniques and procedures.
- May have occasional client and/or sub-consultant contact regarding current design projects.
- May require periodic field construction observation and responding to Request for Information during construction phase
Transportation Engineers handle plans, designs, and direct engineering projects within budget and schedule and to high quality standards. They are able to design and apply ODOT/FDOT and/or various city standards and specifications, including but not limited to, Location and Design Manual, the Traffic Engineering Manual; Standard Construction Drawings and other design documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with 4-7 years related experience
- PE License in the State of Ohio and/or Florida or ability to obtain PE License in six months.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience/knowledge of AASHTO, ODOT Design Criteria, and FDOT Design Criteria.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient with AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Microstation, and Geopak.
- Experience in Open Roads. (Plus)
- Continuous studying and training on the job is required.