Since its beginning in 1946, TST has evolved into a vertically integrated producer, buyer, trader and processor of aluminum scrap and dross
Today, TST is one of the major American producers of secondary aluminum ingot, billet and cast plate.
TST is also a major distributor of primary aluminum foundry ingot, grain refiners and hardeners. Other services include worldwide trading of nonferrous scrap and other aluminum commodities.
We are currently seeking a Machine Operator in Fontana. If you want to be a part of our growing team, we want to hear from you.
TST Inc. has openings for the following shifts: 1 Day, 1 Swing, 2 Grave, and 4 Floaters
Work schedule: Day Shift: Thursday - Monday 7:00am - 3:30pm Off: Tuesday and Wednesday
Swing Shift: Saturday - Wednesday 3:00pm - 11:30pm Off: Thursday and Friday
Grave: Monday- Friday 11:00pm - 7:30am Off: Saturday and Sunday
Floating: Monday - off Tuesday - Wednesday 7:00am - 3:30pm Thursday- Friday 3:00pm - 11:30pm Saturday - Sunday 11:00pm - 7:30am
Operates fixed, circular blade, saw, and its conveying system to cut billet of different diameters into different specified lengths performing the following duties. Responsible for scalping operation including equipment inspection & set up, billet scalping and product quality inspection as well as meeting production standards of efficiency and quality
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- - Reads work order and receives instructions from supervisor for production instructions.
- - Checks condition of equipment and blade.
- - Checks depth of cut indicator, oil level, hydraulic unit and billet rack.
- - Prepares tote boxes to place remnants such as end cuts and chips.
- - Makes sure strapping material, and dunnage is available prior to starting sawing operations
- - Using forklift, loads onto rack, product to be cut.
- - Operates saw to cut materials according to specified lengths.
- - Stamps cut product with proper identification such as, heat number, shift and alloy content.
- - Stacks processed product according to instructions.
- Inspects lathes at the start of the shift and throughout the day according to work instructions
- Checks equipment and adds fluids as necessary on a daily basis
- Inspects condition of support equipment such as cranes, chip conveyor, mobile equipment cables & slings, tote box, etc.
- Reports immediately to the supervisor any deficiencies with the equipment
- Prepares billets prior to scalping by drilling & positioning holes at center of both ends.
- Sets the billets in the lathe and positions blades and other mechanisms in place to begin scalping according to work instructions
- Changes and adjusts lathe blades as necessary to obtain desired scalping finish
- Observes scalping process to ensure proper scalping quality and makes adjustments as necessary
- Observes operation of the equipment to ensure proper operation and reports malfunction or excessive tool wear immediately
- Verifies that recently scalped product conforms to specifications.
- Keeps records of scalping operations and production reports and reviews with supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.