This position will be responsible for learning to perform preventative maintenance and repairs on Pacific Coast Fruit Company vehicles. This could include troubleshooting and repairing diesel, hydraulic, electrical, refrigeration, and mechanical equipment. The pride, enthusiasm, and ownership each Mechanic brings to their role is critical to the success of the company.
- Perform a variety of skilled duties which may involve inspection, diagnosis, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of hydraulic brake systems, suspension, front-end and steering systems, tire changes, and engine components and trailers.
- Service equipment as required to ensure proper operating condition at the job site
- Operate equipment such as booms, forklifts, compressors, portable and stationary generators, hydraulic and electrical tools and equipment, and related tools and equipment.
- Satisfy in a timely manner all required documentation, timesheets, checklists, receiving records and repair order logs.
- Conduct preventative maintenance as required to ensure the timely and accurate completion of preventative maintenance activities.
- Clean work vehicle and work area as necessary to maintain a safe work environment.
- Meet all company, governmental and equipment related safety requirements.
- Maintain supplies inventory and purchase parts.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Transportation management team or authorized personnel.