RIESTER seeks a public relations professional, bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus but not required.
- 3+ years experience in a public relations role, including agency, corporate or community-based organization environment
- A passion for media relations outreach: writing story pitches, news releases and the ability to generate original story angles on an on-going basis
- Experience conducting media outreach to regional and national news outlets
- Strong written communication skills: press materials, presentations (PowerPoint or Keynote); social networking writing (posts, blogs, video captions, photo captions etc.)
- Collaborate with senior team members on strategic planning
- Strong verbal communication skills: client presentations and internal team presentations
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders from members of the news media to bloggers and social media influencers etc.
- Strong project management skills, i.e. events, press conferences, influencer gatherings
- Problem-solving, roll-up-your sleeves spirit with the ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Vocus, Cision, Meltwater platforms
- Versed in Word, Excel, Keynote, PowerPoint
- Bachelors degree in a related field is required
- Media relations
- Writing/editing press materials
- Daily regional and national news media outreach and relationship management
- On-going development of original story ideas and pitches
- Collaboration and contribution to strategic planning
- Daily client management and interaction (phone calls, documentation etc.)
- Some travel
- Privately owned, headquartered in Phoenix, AZ with offices in Los Angeles and Salt Lake. This position is located in Phoenix.
- Competitive benefits, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k,paid holidays, vacation & more
- Unique, legendary culture
- Fun, fast paced work environment
Why RIESTER? RIESTER is one of the largest independent advertising and public relations firms on the Western United States. Today, we have the knowledge, experience and resources to help businesses address important challenges in today’s vastly changing world.