- Develop comprehensive editorial strategy and calendar in collaboration with the Associate Editor.
- Review Associate Editor’s edited drafts and give final approval for all copy.
- Create and maintain new columns and departments with ongoing development of article topics derived from anti-fraud trends and practitioners’ practical needs.
- Manage Editorial Advisory Committee processes, including review of articles and working with committee members.
- Work with confirmed authors in copyediting draft review process for each issue.
- Build relationships with subject matter experts, association members and freelance writers to cultivate regular article and column contributors.
- Work with art director on magazine design and layout processes for each issue, including development and execution of illustration and photo ideas.
- Lead development of Fraud Magazine production schedule and staff production meetings and work with all ACFE staff and outside contractors involved to streamline the process.
- Research and write articles and/or columns for use in print or online versions of Fraud Magazine.
- Edit and proof copy and perform research for Fraud Magazine print edition.
- Work with Design and outside contractors to manage content and delivery of Fraud Magazine app.
- Provide guidance and direction to advertising coordinator and circulation manager.
- Work with Communications to develop and disseminate member surveys.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, or related field required.
- Eight to 12 years of progressive professional writing/editorial experience required; proven success in working with weekly or monthly publications.
- Must possess extensive copyediting and proofreading skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate on multiple levels.
- Effective usage of English grammar, syntax and punctuation; thorough understanding of AP Style and current English usage.
- Proven skills in organizing work, attending to detail, giving direction, managing time effectively and handling multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of web editing and authoring tools, project management tools, content management systems (CMS) and related applications.
- Skilled in collaborating with internal and external resources.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The ACFE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, religion, disability or protected veterans’ status.