The Senior Human Resource Manager will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organizations mission. This position will also run the daily functions of the HR department including employee relations, recruitment of corporate staff and enforcing company policies and practices.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leads the HR team to develop and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Provides support and guidance to management and staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Monitors employee progress and stay abreast on company climate and culture, ensuring it stays positive and productive.
- Oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Oversees credentialing for all lines of businesses.
- Understand and educate staff on compliance of government contracts.
- Works with the Talent Acquisition team to identify staffing and recruiting needs; develop and execute best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics.
- Develop and maintains affirmative action program: files EEO-1 annually, maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- All other duties as assigned
Manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department.
Preferred Experience and/or Education
- 7 years of Human Resources Management or 10 years of experience in the HR field required.
- Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification highly preferred.
- Human Resources Capacity
- Strong Organizational skills
- Ethical Conduct
- Strategic Thinking
- Decision Making
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This position is full-time.
- Typical workdays are Monday through Friday and the hours are flexible.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. This role routinely uses equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- Requires up to 10% travel