At Nearpod, we believe teaching is the most important job in the world. Every day, we reach students through our learning platforms on Nearpod.com and Flocabulary.com. We have diverse backgrounds, but a shared goal of putting teachers and students first in everything that we do. We’re backed by leading Edtech investors, and have won numerous awards including Edtech Digest’s 2018 Company of the Year. We’re looking for people with a lot of hustle, a lot of empathy, and a desire to do something meaningful. We've adopted a remote-first culture. Our diverse team is based across the US with many working out of our office headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
The Customer Support Specialist (Tier 1) will serve as the initial point-of-contact for Nearpod and Flocabulary support-related issues. The ideal candidate will have exceptional customer support skills and the ability to communicate effectively with educational staff via phone, email, and chat. In addition to demonstrating technical skills with all types of devices, the position requires experience with efficiently guiding others to successfully use online based education solutions. Quick problem solvers with the ability to prioritize helping a large customer base will thrive in this growing, fast-paced environment.
Our Ideal Candidate:
● Ability to effectively resolve a large number of customer support related issues knowing that each engagement benefits educators and students.
● Ability to self research, learn new features or updates involving the support of our core products of Nearpod and Flocabulary.
● Ability to probe, identify and document scope of customer’s issue(s) and provide narrative accurately within support documentation.
Ability to work comfortably within the Mac OS environment, Salesforce, Google Suite, and other internal software used to support the customer.
Quickly respond to all incoming tickets be it via phone, email, and chat.
● Demonstrated time management skills working in a remote environment to effectively accomplish all defined goals.
● Work to achieve an overall 95% or above satisfaction rating with the rest of the Customer Support Team.
● Demonstrate consistency in high quality of support with customers while showing knowledge of both the product and our internal processes.
● Ability to identify, document and communicate any trends or issues for escalations internally or to other departments.
● Participate in the continual learning of our products to support our customers and provide feedback to the product development team.
● Take an active part in providing and contributing to a positive team culture that is based remotely across the country.
● Be comfortable educating, coaching and supporting others in a positive way.
● Be flexible and innovative to meet the needs of an evolving educational customer base.
Required Skills and Experience:
● Minimum 0-2 years of technical related customer support or equivalent classroom experience with digital solutions required.
● Bilingual and ability to read, write and speak Spanish; Portuguese (preferred)
● Experience in a customer guiding role(s) with proven success supporting over the phone, email, chat or in a classroom environment.
● Exceptional communication skills including probing, gaining agreement and accurately documenting the customer issue(s).
● Educational Technology background preferred.
● Experience or Certification with Nearpod and/or Flocabulary preferred.
● Excellent communication and people skills (both written and verbal).
● Thrives working in a fast-paced environment where you are motivated to help educators succeed with Nearpod and Flocabulary each day.
● Excellent attention to detail and quality in customer responses internally and externally.
● Ability to successfully self-manage a variety of tasks in multiple software systems while supporting a customer.
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.