The Proposal Writer is responsible for creating compelling documents, assisting with contract templates, proposals and RFP responses that reflect professionalism and build credibility while describing the unique value of the solutions at EMS. This position will interact closely with all departments across EMS, particularly Sales and will act as a knowledge bridge between the sales teams ask and translation of that ask into documented and detailed work requirements. The Proposal Writer may also be asked to write the initial draft of a Legal document, outlining the specific scope of work and pricing in a clear and concise manner.
The Proposal Writer is responsible for helping to create and standardize a proposal process to decrease processing time required to finalize quality client requested documents. Through this standardization, documented and standardized work requirements will be developed that will support an increase in accuracy in comparing what the client is asking for, what EMS is delivering, the financial cost quoted, and the personnel hours required to complete the work.
To be successful, the Proposal Writer will have, or need to develop, a comprehensive and deep knowledge of healthcare education and will need to learn the EMS Solution Suite.
Education Management Solutions (EMS) is an industry pioneer in technology solutions for healthcare training and education environments— including clinical simulation management, competency-based curriculum assessment and performance tracking, cloud-based media management and hybrid learning systems, and virtual case training. Working alongside subject matter experts, we are a driving force behind some of the newest innovations that continue to set the bar for performance in the field.
- Determine proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs
- Attend proposal kickoff and other strategy development discussions
- Conduct internal research to confirm partner objectives, determine the recommended solution and organize the recommendation into digestible content
- Draft original content, leverage existing content and coordinate input received from internal departments; revise and edit based on internal feedback collected
- Maintain up-to-date company information in corporate proposal library; continuously update and improve proposal content based on product improvements, upgrades, partnerships, and ever-changing product roadmap
- Complete online research about prospects as required
- Ensure RFP responses meet all requirements and guidelines
- Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implement changes
- Provide formatting and coordination of sales presentations
- Collaborate with legal team to assist with contract templates and improvements to existing agreements. Review and improve current teaming agreements
- Collaborate with marketing to provide input for whitepapers and other relevant content.