· CVT Level: Associate’s degree.
Licensure or Certification:
· Valid Florida driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
· Euthanasia Technician Certification preferred, not required.
· Experience in a shelter preferred.
· 5 or more years experience in a veterinary hospital.
· Ability to provide excellent service and care for customers and animals.
· Ability to objectively observe animal behavior.
· Knowledge of animal communications.
· Knowledge of safe and humane animal handling techniques.
· Genuine concern for all animals and their welfare.
· Ability to show compassion for animals and their owners.
· Comprehensive knowledge of humane methods of care, handling, and restraint of animals.
· Ability to recognize changes in condition or behavior as indicators of possible problems.
· Manual dexterity for handling animals, medical instruments and equipment and for completing intricate tasks.
· Ability to work collaboratively and serve as an effective liaison with other departments
· Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with discretion.
· Working knowledge of standards and practices applicable to animal medical records.
· Working knowledge of AVIMark practice management software and Pet Point shelter software.
· Working knowledge of applicable OSHA and DEA standards and requirements.
· Ability to operate dental, anesthesia and x-ray equipment.
· Ability to operate computer, printer, copier, telephone, fax machine and smartphone.
· Moderate physical effort – regularly lifting or moving up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
· Walking and prolonged standing.
· Stooping, kneeling, bending and crouching.
· Carrying, pushing and/or pulling.
· Facility operations include areas of high noise levels.
· Exposure to animal feces and potential for scratches and bites.
· Activities require the handling and transporting of pets of all sizes.
· Ability to work flexible hours.
· Reliable transportation.
· Ability to pass required background checks.
By my signature below I indicate that I have received, read and been given the opportunity to ask questions with regard to the contents of this description and expectations for my performance.
It is not possible to detail nor anticipate everything an employee may be required to do, therefore it is understood that my job may require me to perform other duties as assigned which might include, but are not limited to: new duties, duties previously assigned to another position, and assistance to others in completion of their normal duties.
I understand that job descriptions may be revised or altered from time to time at the sole discretion of the SPCA Tampa Bay for any reason.
This job description is not intended to and does not constitute an expressed or implied contract between any individual and the SPCA Tampa Bay. All employment is “at-will.”