do you want to use your talent for a purpose?
Work for a mission-based organization with a great purpose. CHFA finances the places where people live and work throughout Colorado. We are known for our commitment to providing innovative financing solutions to create and preserve both affordable housing and growth opportunities for small businesses. We are a mission-driven enterprise focused on fulfilling the needs of our diverse customer base to aid in their success. We value our customers and partners. We are their trusted resource delighting them with our outstanding service, creative solutions, and relevant products. We are a responsible and balanced advocate of affordable housing and small business issues for the Colorado community. Our employees are essential to our success. We’ve built our enterprise on integrity, expertise, fiscal responsibility and dedication to our mission.
The CHFA team works together throughout Colorado to Increase the availability of affordable, decent, and accessible housing for lower income Coloradans; and strengthen the state's economy by providing financial assistance to businesses.
what you'll be part of … our Culture
Culture is at the heart of our success. At CHFA, we champion individual development and community awareness. We support a healthy work-life balance and offer programs to help you utilize and grow your talents.
Learn more about CHFA’s mission, vision and values on our website at www.chfainfo.com/careers.
Read on to preview more of our benefits.
how you'll grow
We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take calculated risks, and explore outside the box.
nature of position
This position will help oversee and manage issuance and administration of CHFA debt. The scope of activities encompasses debt issuance, debt administration, regulatory and tax compliance, and financial and strategic planning and analysis. The Financial Manager will manage, direct and plan the work of analyst staff members by providing technical expertise and oversight. This position reports to the Director of Finance.
- Facilitates collaboration throughout CHFA to achieve business strategies and financial goals
- Fosters a high performing team that supports CHFA’s objectives and goals
- Works with staff to develop and monitor individual and departmental goals providing effective feedback and guidance on a regular basis
- Provides effective leadership, direction and support to staff to ensure that goals and objectives are met.
- Ensures team members are aware of growth opportunities and facilitates their schedules to allow them to pursue professional development and growth
- Models and encourages open and effective communication
- Provides timely and effective feedback to employees on their job performance
- Ensures strong customer focus and communication with all CHFA internal and external customers; and
- Works closely with Finance Director, staff and the leadership team to achieve divisional and organizational goals
Operational leadership and oversight:
- Assists the Finance Director in developing the department’s annual budget, goals, and key priorities and all accompanying reports
- Responds to all internal, external Audit or Compliance Department findings in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Provides analytical support and guidance in lending programs
- Supports continuous improvement and innovation in analysis, administration and product development
- Makes independent decisions related to internal process requirements
- Functions as a leader in a team environment
Bond Issuance and Debt Administration:
- Manages and oversees bond issuance and debt administration process and functions to ensure debt issuance and administration activities follow CHFA policies, procedures, and applicable regulatory and tax requirements
- Analyzes new money needs, refunding opportunities, risk mitigation and CHFA’s overall debt profile
- Reviews and evaluates proposals received from investment bankers and advisors to provide recommendations
- Evaluates production needs and impacts of financing solutions on CHFA’s financial situation
- Helps debt administration staff to evaluate and implement best practices and procedures related to compliance measures
- Monitors bond issue compliance to make sure they meet all internally developed policy parameters, as well as legal and regulatory requirements including SEC mandates on continuing disclosure
- Maintains an involved awareness of economic and market conditions affecting CHFA’s debt portfolio and overall financial health and communicates implications to CHFA’s management
- Coordinates, writes and presents Board, rating agency and other reports and presentations as required
- Participates and contributes in all activities and/or projects that directly support CHFA in fulfilling its mission and achieving its vision through dedication to the community in which CHFA serves, operational excellence, and fiscal responsibility
- Acts as point of contact for outside banking firms, financial advisors, attorneys and rating agencies
- Maintains a solid understanding of laws and regulations to ensure proper compliance and oversight on business processes
- Oversees compliance with IRS requirements
- Other projects as assigned