You are an experienced emerging professional, who has passed at least one section of the ARE, seeking increasing project responsibilities and opportunities to work on all phases of a project; you are prepared to to take the lead coordinating technical aspects of the projects, including consultant coordination, and take on client contact responsibilities. You are interested in preparing the technical documentation/drawings for your assigned project and may oversee recent college graduates and/or summer interns in this role. You are eager to assist the Project Architect and/or Project Manager and you are eager and excited to learn new skills of increasing design complexity. You want to be involved in initiatives and activities that advance your career and the Firm. You are a thinker and doer with vision and ideas to share with your teammates. You will make sure the job gets done, and have fun doing it.
About the Role
We are seeking a talented and determined Project Coordinator for our Springfield, Pennsylvania office. This exciting opportunity will allow you to work on both local and national projects. A role with construction documentation responsibility, you will also contribute to all phases of the project and you will gain field and client contact experiences. Additionally, you will have opportunities to participate in activities and initiatives organized and led by our Emerging Professionals Group. As an employee-owned Firm, this is YOUR company.
- Perform basic and complex production drawing responsibilities within established Firm Standards, industry standards, and relevant code
- Coordinate technical aspects of the project with internal and external engineers and consultants (i.e. MEP, Structural, etc.)
- Attend job meetings and interface with owners on assigned projects
- May coordinate activities with other project team members under close supervision by the Project Architect or Project Manager
- Assimilate written building specifications, detailed drawings and verbal/written instructions to perform assigned tasks
- Assist Project Architects/PM in researching and obtaining project related information on all phases of a project and produces accurate and complete drawings, documents, and reports
- Visualize and plans the graphic presentation of items having distinctive design features that can differ significantly from established drafting precedents
- Recommend design changes, when appropriate, to Project Architect/PM
- Assist Project Architects/PM with meeting minutes and meeting coordination
- Participate in marketing related activities including but not limited to design charrettes, committee activities, presentation board development, proposal compilation, visual presentation materials development and editing, photography and other marketing support duties as deemed appropriate
- Attend outside meetings that span the course of the work day AND after-hours as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job:
- Proficiency in Revit/BIM; AutoCAD; Lumion; Sketchup; Microsoft Office products; Bluebeam; Adobe Suite required
- Ability to produce construction documents creating accurate details, sections, and construction methods
- Dynamo and/or Grasshopper proficiency preferred
- Proficiency with 3D scanning and 3D printing is desired
- Proficiency in MS Office require
- Past experience with masonry/steel building projects preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
A graduate from a 5-year accredited architectural program; or achieved a Master's in Architecture; or combination of education and experience with eligibility to sit for the ARE's.
At least one year experience working in an architectural firm (may be achieved through co-op or internship arrangements)
CERTIFICATIONS OR PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS
LEED designation is a plus (required after 2 years of employment).
We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits packages. Our full benefits handbook will be forward to you upon request.
- We are an employee-owned company and YES, you will be an owner and receive stock.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that brings Architecture to the community
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a 401(k) and ESOP
- Paid AIA membership and Professional License Renewals
- Reimbursement for professional designation exam(s)
- Additional PTO to sit for Exams
- Professional Development opportunities that align with the Firm's leadership succession plan and/or individual development plan. WE WANT YOU TO GET PROMOTED
- Social and team building events
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive pay, bonus opportunities and year-round half-day Friday’s to jump start the weekend
Spiezle Architectural Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.
For additional information, please visit our website at www.spiezle.com