Does the challenge of inventing a new game mechanic or writing a clever scenario energize you? Are you passionate about emergent narrative and gameplay? Are you organized and able to multitask as part of an interdisciplinary board and card game design team? Fantasy Flight Games is looking for a driven and detail-oriented Game Designer to join the studio. If this sounds like you, continue reading to learn more about the role and how to APPLY!
ANA is part of the Asmodee Group, a global corporation headquartered in France and a worldwide leader in the creation, manufacturing, and distribution of games. Our games tell immersive stories that inspire people to push the boundaries of their imagination and include top tier titles such as, “CATAN,” “Arkham Horror,” and “Spot It” among others. Our global success has come from our publishing studios and distribution networks where we transform high-potential stories into iconic consumer products. ANA believes in the power of ideas, leads with equality and universality, and strives to empower employees in our overarching effort to consistently create great games and tell amazing stories. We base our success on our three core values both internally and in the wider market; honesty, integrity, and fairness drives everything we do.
Summary of Position
The Game Designer is responsible for designing and developing creative content for both new and supplemental board and card game products.
- Create, design and develop product vision, systems, rules, and content for new and existing game lines.
- Ensure final game products are fun, inclusive, in the spirit of the intellectual property involved, and within the scope of the vision and budget of the product.
- Manage the status and progress of all active, assigned projects in order to meet deadlines.
- Communicate and deliver project needs to multiple teams across the studio and publisher.
- Lead internal and external playtesting by providing all necessary test components, answering questions, collecting feedback, and analyzing it in order to improve the balance and usability of the game’s design, rules, and content.
- Provide documentation to other creative departments (Art, Graphic Design, Sculpting, etc.) using defined document specifications to detail what elements are required to support the game design and content.
- Collaborate with freelance contractors and review their content to ensure deliverables are up to standard and meet project deadlines.
- Collaborate with the Organized Play team to create tournament structures, prizes, and other community event support.
- Maintain community and product life-cycle awareness for active game lines.
- Develop errata, FAQs, and tournament rules for active game lines.
- Work with Production partners in order to ensure our products are correctly translated and all questions and concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Create final, print-ready game product layouts using Adobe InDesign.
- All other assignments as required by management.