Make a difference!
At Community Catalysts of California, we strive to create an impassioned and fulfilling environment for both our clients and employees. We have been in action for 30 years and have worked tirelessly towards generating a positive impact in our communities. Community Catalysts of California offers a variety of services to people within the full spectrum of types of disabilities. Every day our professional staff members are committed to people with disabilities to help them succeed in their daily lives, work, home and communities. If you are interested in serving your community and becoming a valued asset to our team, please read ahead!
We are looking for exceptional individuals to work with our clients in the Independent Living Program. This position pays $13.00 per hour and offers a flexible, part-time schedule in the North County area.
AS A DIRECT SERVICE AIDE: you will provide Independent Living Services (ILS) for adults with disabilities. These services may include:
- Assisting clients with cooking, cleaning, shopping, and budgeting
- Fostering skills in self-sufficiency
- Community integration, socialization, or any other goals that may foster independence
- Aiding in the development of self-reliance through support, counseling, and training within the home
- Helping with medication management, money management, household maintenance, meal planning, transportation training, and other support services
Job duties are performed 1:1 at the client’s home or out in the community. The overall goal is to help clients with gaining the necessary skills in having a home or apartment with minimal assistance.
OUR DIRECT SERVICE AIDES ACHIEVE SUCCESS BY:
- Providing the client with appropriate and effective services such as support and training programs
- Serving each client in the least restrictive environment
- Increasing the independence of all clients served
- Assisting each person with improving his/her quality of life
- Participating in client evaluations through task analysis and other requested assessment devices
- Providing direct service as needed and required
- Performing all duties of a direct service provider as assigned.
As a Direct Service Aide and part of our team as a catalyst, you will build professional relationships that inspire clients to reach their potential. Catalysts are positive role models and encouraging souls when a client is facing a challenging day. We are committed to advocacy and ensuring client rights are respected. On a day to day basis we work guided by our core values of resourcefulness, compassion, empathy, respect and trust.
If you think you can make a positive impact in someone’s life, apply today and join our team!