We are currently seeking a full-time self-motivated candidate for our Planner Scheduler role in our Salt Lake City, Utah location. Owen Equipment Company is an industry leader in sales, service, parts, and support of Environmental services equipment.
Visit our website for an overview of our Company.
The Planner Scheduler role at Owen Equipment’s Salt Lake City branch will effectively perform procurement activities to plan, schedule, and coordinate production and raw materials to meet customer demand while maintaining material inventories and expediting the material flow from suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans prepares, and controls and schedules production material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of materials timed to meet production requirements and to ensure on-time deliveries to customers.
• Accurately assigns ship dates to orders based on customer needs, materials, and technician availability.
• Review material requirements and safety stock to assure a smooth flow of materials to the manufacturing floor and enable operational efficiency.
• Order materials from suppliers. Determine the type and quantity of materials and components required to maintain production schedules.
• Sets up trucking to deliver raw materials as required and communicates scheduled delivery times to the Receiving Department.
• Work closely with suppliers to ensure that the company’s supply needs are adequately met in a timely manner.
• Monitor, track and report on supplier compliance to delivery due dates, identify risks to late delivery, handle escalations with suppliers according to company procedure.
• Manages daily support of production needs such as expediting material, setting priorities, and addressing supply issues.
• Reviews and tracks all job materials to ensure they are on time.
• Works closely with operations management to ensure adherence to plan and coordinate changes as needed.
• Maintains effective working relationships and communication with all departments.
• Communicates effectively with customer service on any delays affecting on-time delivery.
• Uses job management software to schedule new work orders, issue purchase orders, and track material availability dates, among other key planning/scheduling activities.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
• Post-secondary education preferred. Comprehensive knowledge of scheduling and materials procurement.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and function with a minimum of supervision.
• Above-basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel and job management/purchasing software.
• Competitive Salary based upon candidate’s skill set and capabilities
• Medical, Dental, and Prescription Insurance
• 401K and Profit Sharing with Employer match
• Paid Vacation
• Valid Utah Driver License
• Drug Screening
• Criminal Background Check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. At times, the employee may be required to lift up to 40 pounds, twist, and/or bend when performing the job.