Owen Equipment Sales is an industry leader in the sales, service, rentals, parts, and support of environmental maintenance equipment in California, Oregon, Utah & Washington. An opening is available for highly motivated, independent, and professional individuals to prospect and sell a specialized segment of equipment, parts, and service to Municipalities and Contractors. The territory covered will extend from Contra Costa down through Monterey County with the home base located out of our Fairfield, California location.
Visit our website www.owenequipment.com for an overview of our company.
As an Outside Equipment Sales Representative, you will prospect, sell and rent equipment, parts, and services to governmental agencies, municipalities, and contractors in the territory of California's South Bay with your home base being located out of our Fairfield, California location.
Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Sell and rent using professional sales techniques, consultative selling and equipment demonstrations to prospective customers, meeting and exceeding sales objectives
- Preparation of sales quotes and bid specifications
- Promote customer satisfaction, resolution, and loyalty with excellent follow-up in all stages and aspects of the sales cycle
- Establish and maintain long-term customer relationships and communication channels with all relevant departments including, but not limited to, equipment operators, mechanics, purchasing, and public works officials
- Maintain quality prospecting calls on a continual basis including cold calls and in-person introductory visits
- Complete and deliver all required paperwork, expense reports, sales pipelines, forecasts, and contracts as required by the company policy and management
- Maintain customer information, appointments, and opportunity information in the company’s CRM program
- Representation and presentation of Company products at trade shows and other speaking engagements
- Travel overnight, as necessary, and attend all trade shows and sales meetings 8-10 nights per year.
- The ideal Outside Equipment Sales candidate will possess a competitive nature, entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic with a true desire to succeed.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in Outside Sales with a proven track record in exceeding performance objectives
- CDL Class B with air tank endorsement, or willing to get within the first 90 days
- Clean driving record
- Excellent communication skills (Written, Oral, Presentation, and Training)
- Able to retain and convey complex information relating to the operation and features of the Company’s product lines
- Must have the ability to lift and move 50 pounds plus on a regular basis
- Good understanding, knowledge & use of computers and software, proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- A Strong team player, willing to produce win/win results with both internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of government and municipal sales a plus
- Experience with environmental equipment and products a plus
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team with excellent growth opportunities for the future. Base plus commissions with the potential to earn in excess of $100K+ annually. Laptop and cell phone are provided along with our Full Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, PTO, 401(k) with Match). Company car also provided after training is completed and the successful candidate is ready to start working in the field.