The Kettle Cuisine plant in Everett, WA is currently searching for a Human Resources Generalist to provide HR support to the Management team and hourly employees in a fast paced food manufacturing environment. This is a hands-on, full-time generalist position supporting multiple shifts. Responsibilities include assisting in recruitment, hiring, onboarding, managing flow of temporary employees, training, employee relations; leave of absence administration, workers compensation claims, compliance, audits (i-9s, benefits, etc.), customer audits, payroll, and benefits administration. This strong, second in command position will be responsible for providing assistance to employees and maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Benefits Administration including new hire enrollment, annual open enrollment, monthly premium processing, and COBRA administration.
- Working with employees on administrative issues and performance issues; participating in employee coaching/counseling sessions and terminations.
- Conduct job fairs, screen and interview applicants, prepare new hire paperwork and facilitate new hire orientations.
- Manage recruiting and staffing initiatives; facilitate onboarding process and new hire orientations.
- Provide guidance, coaching and training to the management team in the areas of performance management, employee retention, policy interpretation/implementation and employee and HR issue resolution.
- Coach management team in the areas of performance counseling, employee retention, policy interpretation and implementation and conflict resolution.
- Process a weekly payroll of over 350 employees using Paycom
- Maintain employee personnel files and other required record keeping.
- Assist with safety program within the plant by participating in the required training, support accident investigations and reporting, maintaining compliance documentation and postings as needed. Participate as a member in Safety Committee meetings.
- Streamline and automate human resources processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
- Assist in managing employee relations by investigating, resolving, and communicating in regards to employee questions, issues, or concerns.
- Determine and take appropriate action to resolve issues in a timely, appropriate, and confidential manner.
- Provide support for employee engagement activities which include but not limited to: coordinating employee activities/events, administering recognition programs, facilitating site communications, and participating on the site’s engagement team