Sales & Project Specialist
Date: October 24, 2019
Department: Inside Sales
Business Unit: Porter Corp.
Location: Holland, MI
Reports To: David DAmico-Inside Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The primary purpose of this position is to manage sales, support, process, and general project activities with all parties involved, not limited to Various Internal Departments, Sales Reps, Owners, General Contractors, Architects, and Installers; while providing the utmost in customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Inside Sales & Project Specialist will play a fundamental role in supporting our Business Development Team, Sales Agencies, Architects, and General Contractors to include, but not limited to:
- Review and process all incoming sales opportunities.
- Schedule and host collaborative phone and screen share meetings with Design Teams and Engineers to review project design intent.
- Prepare quotations and compile proposals with preliminary drawings for customer presentation.
- Responsible for project tracking and deliverable management such as quotes, preliminary drawings, sample mailings, engineering packages, and technical information as necessary.
- Manage opportunity and project follow up strategy to move projects forward for approval and fabrication.
- Product sample/submittal mailings, project coordination, and process adherence.
- Extensive email and phone communication with customers.
- Perform opportunity and project management tasks to ensure customers expectations are being met.
- Answer and route phone calls to appropriate personnel.
- Work closely with other departments to achieve the organizations goals and objectives are met.
- Represent Porter Corp. in a positive and professional manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
Competencies (check all that apply)
Analytical Decision-Making Financial Management
Communication Managing Others
Learning & Development EEO Accountability
Planning & Organizing Results Orientation
Professionalism & Integrity Teamwork & Relationship-Building
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS Degree in related field
- Experienced in Architectural and/or Construction Sales and/or Project Management
- 3-5 years prior experience in the Construction or Architectural industries is preferable
- Familiar with reading architectural drawings and specifications
This position requires minimal to no travel.
- Ability to work with CRM tools for project tracking and scheduling.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office/Excel/Outlook
- Working knowledge of Order Entry software tools
- Proven sales and/or support experience, preferably in the Construction or Architectural industries.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong listening and collaboration skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Project task management and communication.
- Positive attitude and optimistic outlook.
- Detail oriented.
- Courteous, considerate and patient with others
- Flexible and adaptable
- Orientation toward Delighting the Customer
- Ability to work in a Team Environment
- Requires coordination with Order Processing, Engineering, Drafting and Quality departments, as well as externally with customers, Sales reps, suppliers and installers.
PlayCore is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.