Allegro is a respected leader in the senior living industry, actively engaged in ownership, operations, design, development and property management services for multiple luxury brands throughout the US, with corporate headquarters located in St. Louis, MO.
At Crane’s View Lodge in Clermont, you’ll discover the joys of inspired senior living. We care a lot about the people we serve. So we work hard to help you continue to enjoy friends, family, hobbies, and to provide all the little things that make your life meaningful and unique. Our warm, comforting and engaging environment will delight you every day. Demand the best for the rest of your life. Live the Inspired Life at Crane’s View Lodge.
The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Assistant is to assist the Maintenance Director (MD) in maintaining and operating the physical aspects of the Community.
Areas of Responsibility
• Assist the MD to ensure that the Community is covered at all times in the event of an emergency.
• Assist the MD in the preventative and routine maintenance programs to ensure that mechanical equipment, building structures and grounds are properly maintained.
• Assist the MD in the safe operation of all mechanical equipment through routine physical inspections.
• Assist the MD in maintaining the company vehicles.
• Assist the MD in performing necessary maintenance and repairs in the apartments where specifically authorized by work orders.
• Assist MD in maintaining necessary records and inventory controls to ensure that adequate maintenance supplies are on hand and to prevent theft.
• Assist MD in maintaining operating manuals for mechanical and maintenance equipment.
• Assist MD to ensure that all maintenance work and storage areas are maintained in a safe, organized and clean manner.
• Assist MD in maintaining online work order system, efficiently use the system and help delegate work orders to staff.
• Follow OSHA and Company guidelines relating to lock down and tag out procedures that are approved for the Community and follow OSHA standards for safe working procedures.
• Follow the Community Hazard Communications program.
• Must be able to assess problems in all phases of building maintenance and repair in a timely manner.
• Identify any dangerous practices or equipment observed while working in residents’ apartments and report same to the MD.
• Work in conjunction with other Community Department Heads as needed.
• Attend and participate in all meetings and training as directed by Company policy and the MD.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when on duty.
• Be constantly watchful of signs that residents are not able to function independently or a change in resident’s behavior. Report all signs to the MD following the Company policies and procedures.
• Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the MD as discovered.
• Ensure understanding of and compliance with all regulations regarding residents’ rights.
• Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, associate, Community or Company information deemed as such.
• Other duties as assigned.