Hillcrest Mobile Crisis Outreach team is hiring!
The Mobile Crisis Outreach team provides 24/7 crisis response to individuals living in Dubuque County. We work closely with the local emergency departments & law enforcement to help those in crisis.
We are currently looking for individuals to work evening & weekend shifts. We are very flexible with scheduling, and can work around other work hours & life events. This is a great way to earn some extra income and be part of a very rewarding team!
HOURS: Rotating on-call schedule; Hours vary
BASE PAY: $2.50/hour for on-call ($3.00 holidays); $30.00/hour for dispatch
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We strive to be a leading provider in supporting brain health and wellness. We’re a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
As a Mobile Crisis Counselor, for Hillcrest Family Services in Dubuque, IA, your primary responsibilities include providing crisis outreach services for those who are experiencing a crisis related to suicide, interpersonal difficulties, or psychiatric problems.
What you need
- A mental health professional as defined in Iowa Code section 228.1, OR
- A bachelor’s degree with 30 semester hours or equivalent in a human services field (including, but not limited to, psychology, social work, mental health counseling, marriage and family therapy, nursing, education) and at least one year of experience in behavioral or mental health services, OR
- A law enforcement officer trained in crisis intervention including, but not limited to, mental health first aid and mental health in-service training, OR
- An emergency medical technician (EMT) trained in crisis intervention including, but not limited to, mental health first aid, OR
- A peer support specialist with a minimum certification of mental health first aid, OR
- A family support peer specialist with a minimum certification of mental health first aid, OR
- A registered nurse with two years of mental or behavioral health experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle. Approved agency driver required.
- Must have a working telephone.
- Must be able to provide counseling to clients in community settings where the crisis is occurring.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled