The Intake Counselor ensures the smooth flow of patients in the front office, and promotes a professional image by efficiently performing a variety of business and clerical tasks. Joe duties include, but are not limited to:
- Greet and assist patients in a respectful and friendly manner.
- Ensure that all registration information and forms are completed accurately.
- Enroll patients into appropriate payer programs.
- Verify patient eligibility for various insurance programs.
- Collect donations and co-payments from patients.
- Identify patients who are eligible for MediCal and/or MediCal-related programs and communicates this to appropriate staff so patient is enrolled.
- Make sure all forms are updated in accordance with the required schedule.
- Work with other staff cooperatively and support a smooth and efficient clinic flow.