Are you experienced working as an inhouse Corporate Counsel negotiating and drafting agreements? Do you enjoy collaborating and working with different internal teams? Asmodee is looking for a driven and detail-oriented Corporate Counsel to join its legal team. If this sounds like you, continue reading to learn more about the role and how to APPLY!
Asmodee North America (ANA) locally headquartered in Roseville, Minnesota is part of the Asmodee Group, a global corporation headquartered in France and a worldwide leader in the creation, manufacturing, and distribution of games. Our games tell immersive stories that inspire people to push the boundaries of their imagination and include top tier titles such as, “CATAN,” “Arkham Horror,” and “Spot It” among others. Our global success has come from our publishing studios and distribution networks where we transform high-potential stories into iconic consumer products. ANA believes in the power of ideas, leads with equality and universality, and strives to empower employees in our overarching effort to consistently create great games and tell amazing stories.
Summary of Position
The Corporate Counsel is the main legal support for the sales and distribution functions of the Distribution Business Unit of Asmodee North America and also supports other areas as needed. This position will have primary day-to-day responsibility for providing transactional support and legal advice and strategy to leaders of this business unit, including providing support and advice for e-commerce, advertising and marketing and privacy compliance.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the distribution leadership team providing legal support and have a background in consumer products and wholesale and retail distribution including purchasing and distributing third party products. International experience a plus.
This role reports to the General Counsel of Asmodee North America and will be based in Roseville, MN with occasional travel to the Lino Lakes, MN location. Partial remote work options are also available. The Corporate Counsel initially will not have direct reports, but will have the opportunity to manage other legal team members in the future and will have immediate dotted line supervisory responsibility.
- Draft and negotiate agreements, including commercial contracts, sales and distribution agreements, marketing agreements, NDAs and purchase orders/agreements.
- Manage and update related templates.
- Collaborate with business leaders on contract terms and conditions and be a driver in closing transactions.
- Develop legal processes and procedures for the business unit.
- Oversee legal aspects of retailer policies with support of the Corporate Paralegal.
- Oversee legal aspects of the units advertising and marketing functions, negotiate and draft related agreements.
- Keep up-to-date on privacy matters and manage privacy compliance, including U.S. and international as applicable.
- Review and oversee terms of sale and other legal terms of related websites.
- Interact and collaborate with parent company as needed.
- General regulatory support and advice applicable to the business unit.
- Develop training materials and conduct training for applicable team members
- Other duties as assigned.