The Operations Manager is responsible for creating effective policies and procedures to ensure our department operates at peak efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and facilitate departmental procedures which in turn enhance the production and efficiency of the department, while supporting safety policies and procedures
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products. Hires and manages the production staff based on the needs and requirements of the production schedule.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, scheduling, maintenance, quality control and shipping activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment. Utilizes the ERP system to input daily work ticket transactions then uses the system to evaluate production productivity.
- Motivates, supports, and provides guidance to the production staff.
- Ensures all environmental, health and safety standards are met to minimize risk of accidents. Serves as the Safety Site Leader.
- Directs and coordinates, activities concerned with production of company product(s), utilizing knowledge of product technology, production methods and procedures, and capabilities of machines and equipment.
- Participates in the Daily Gemba Walks.
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality and throughput.
- Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems. Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment to improve production and quality of products.
- Oversee employees in the manufacturing facility to ensure safe, efficient, and effective productivity.
- Reduces expenses and increases productivity across all product lines.
- Timely communicate any problems or obstacles to senior management.
- Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product, safety, or integrity.
- Ensure daily optimum staffing levels.
- Complies with established company work rules, policies, and procedures.
- Actively engages with other members of the company to continuously strive to improve processes, create efficiencies, reduce cost, and increase profitability.
- Lead, motivate, and support a large team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment, including career development plans for direct reports and problem resolution.
- Manage data collection for the updating of metrics to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors, and deliver excellent customer service.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to improve proprietary tools and systems.
- Work closely with legal and safety departments to ensure that activities remain compliant.
- Oversee materials and inventory.
- Conduct budget reviews and report cost plans to upper management.
- Ensure all employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines.
- Organizing relevant training sessions to ensure staff is well trained and up to date.
- Other duties may be assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
Competencies (check all that apply)
☒ Analytical Decision-Making
☒ Learning & Development
☒ Planning & Organizing
☒ Professionalism & Integrity
☐ Financial Management
☒ Risk-Taking/Creative Thinking
☒ Teamwork & Relationship-Building
☒ Results Orientation
☐ EEO Accountability
☐ Managing Others
Education and/or Experience
5+ years’ experience in operations.
2+ years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent.
Excellent project management skills.
Proven track record of successfully training employees in productivity and safety.
Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as in a group.
5S Lean Process Experience
Knowledgeable in the operation and optimization of ERP systems as applied in a production environment.
Basic computer and office equipment skills needed. Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
PlayCore is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran