Hours: Part Time; 10 hours per week: Flexible Schedule
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We strive to be a leading provider in supporting brain health and wellness. We’re a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
About the Program
The Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program is an effective, evidence based treatment program to provide in-home treatment, support, and rehabilitative care to persons with serious mental illnesses.
ACT’s wraparound services aim to reduce the number of people who are in and out of hospitals for treatment or who are incarcerated or in residential care facilities. This is done mobilizing mental health and treating people out in the community. ACT teams are made up of experts, such as psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and employment specialists, who are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
As a Mental Health Recovery Support Specialist, for Hillcrest Family Services, Assertive Community Treatment team in Dubuque, IA, your primary responsibilities include providing peer support services to ACT Team consumers. In addition, you will:
- Understand and demonstrate the ability to provide peer support to persons in recovery enrolled in the ACT Team
- Develop meaningful relationships with persons in recovery, while maintaining appropriate boundaries
- Create and maintain a WRAP for work
- Complete all required paperwork and computer data entry according to project standards in a timely manner
What you need
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Must be 18 years old
- Must be able to drive agency vehicles
- Meets all requirements of the Appalachian Consulting group Peer Support training model no later than six months after the date of hire including diagnoses with a severe and persistent mental illness
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled