knowledge, skills and ability
- Ability to interpret and apply complicated IRS Tax Code regulations
- Must demonstrate thorough understanding of the mortgage origination and purchase process, including FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac regulations
- Proven analytical skills
- Ability to utilize technology for research, such as FHA Connection, ALLREGS, and other industry resources
- Strong ethical decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work independently in a remote environment
- Ability to accurately work in a fast-paced environment within tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Desire to continuously improve and develop knowledge and skills, while adapting quickly to changing circumstances and processes
- Ability to exercise personal accountability in all activities and decisions
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in an effective and diplomatic manner
- Professional phone manner is essential with an emphasis on providing customer service; and,
- Ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse ethnic, racial, and cultural backgrounds.
Associate’s Degree in a business related field or equivalent job experience in the mortgage industry is required; Bachelor’s Degree in business accounting or finance preferred. Mortgage Industry training; i.e. MBA, CMLA, or APMW a plus. Minimum of five years in mortgage loan origination, underwriting, processing, or closing is desired. Title company experience is helpful.
Telephone, personal computer, computer printer equipment, calculator, photocopy and fax machine.
The incumbent in this position will perform the essential functions of the position primarily in an office environment, which requires sitting or standing at a desk much of the day.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform.
With respect to its programs, services, activities, and employment practices, Colorado Housing and Finance Authority assesses qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected status. Requests for reasonable accommodation, or any complaints alleging violation of this nondiscrimination policy should be directed to the nondiscrimination coordinator, 1.800.877.2432, CHFA 1981 Blake street, Denver co 80202, available weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.