Excellent opportunity to start a new career in the printing industry!
The Finishing Utility position is an entry level production support position in the finishing department responsible for improving the productivity of the individual rewind operators by eliminating the need for the rewind operator to leave their machine. Responsibilities include cutting cores, packing boxes, printing and applying core tags and case labels, as well as moving finished goods to the warehouse.
This position will work 7:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday. Scheduling adjustments, overtime and occasional weekends may be required based on business needs. Fortis Solutions Group provides benefits for all full time employees including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401k with match, profit sharing and generous PTO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cut cores to length using the core cutter as needed.
- Supply rewinders with cores that are cut to the appropriate size in advance of them needing them.
- Supply rewinders with boxes for the jobs that they are running.
- Supply rewinders with all required supplies including (but not limited to): packaging tape, box labels, core labels, bags, and any other supplies they may need.
- Supply rewinders with pallets to put finished product on.
- Supply rewinders with their printed rolls of material in the proper sequence to meet customer ship dates.
- Assemble and tape boxes for the rewinders.
- Apply core tags to rolls, place rolls into boxes, pack boxes with packing material, tape boxes shut, apply box labels, and place finished product on pallets.
- Remove pallets/carts of finished goods and transport them to shipping.
- Assist in off-line packaging including counting of product to place in bundles, bundle packing, shrink wrapping, and stretch wrapping as needed.
- Assist press operators in similar activities as above for presses with turret rewinders. This will be based on direction from the shift supervisor when time permits. The primary focus will normally be the rewinders.
- Additional duties as required.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.