Advance your career at Maryland Automobile Insurance!
Maryland Auto Insurance is a Property & Casualty Insurance carrier and independent agency of the State of Maryland. We’re located in the Locust Point neighborhood of Baltimore, featuring a variety of restaurant and shopping options in walking distance from the office. This position is ideal for candidates who are interested and experienced in field work. The incumbent will be required to come into the office a minimum of two days per month. We offer an excellent benefit package including comprehensive health and dental coverage, pension plan, 401(k) plan and incentive program tied to strategic corporate and departmental goals. Generous leave package, tuition reimbursement and free onsite parking available.
Under limited supervision, the prospective candidate is expected to conduct Investigations on complex, suspicious losses or organized schemes involving staged accident rings, insurance application fraud, etc. to determine coverage and liability of submitted claims. The individual is expected to be a Subject Matter Expert.
- Promptly develops and executes appropriate investigation strategy for assigned cases.
- Leads in-depth interviews of participants, witnesses or claimants specific to the circumstances surrounding a reported and assigned loss.
- Conduct detailed and extensive investigations in strict adherence with Maryland Automobile SIU procedures and best practices.
- Engages experts and vendors as warranted, to gather pertinent evidence and determine coverage and claim dispensation.
- Communicates investigation outcome promptly, to include detailed claim documentation on an ongoing basis, to the assigning claim personnel or business unit.
- Fully executes the claim or assignment decision process and completes associated tasks.
- Establishes extensive network with law enforcement agencies and Maryland Insurance Administration resources and works in collaboration during the investigation of suspicious losses.
- Proactively partners with claims personnel and other business units to generate referrals.
- Is expected to be able to evaluate incoming referrals to determine appropriate investigator tasks and assignments.
- Provides fraud awareness training and technical advice to internal stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Serves as an expert resource to claims personnel.