Since its beginning in 1946, TST has evolved into a vertically integrated producer, buyer, trader and processor of aluminum scrap and dross.
Today, TST is one of the major American producers of secondary aluminum ingot, billet and cast plate. TST is also a major distributor of primary aluminum foundry ingot, grain refiners and hardeners. Other services include worldwide trading of nonferrous scrap and other aluminum commodities.
We are currently seeking a Trim Saw Operator located in Chino. If you want to be a part of our growing team, we want to hear from you.
Operates trim saw to cut trim slab of different dimensions while performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reads work order and receives instructions from supervisor for production instructions.
- Checks pre-operational inspection of equipment and blade.
- Checks depth of cut indicator, oil level, hydraulic unit and billet rack.
- Using forklift, loads and unloads product to be cut.
- Programs set up and operates saw to trim slab according to required dimensions and within tolerances
- Aligns slab and makes adjustments as needed throughout the cut
- Regulates speed of feed of product into the saw to ensure safe and efficient operation
- Controls coolant system levels
- Stamps cut product with proper identification such as, heat number, shift and alloy content.
- Stores cut product according to instructions.
- Records each saw cut on the Saw Cutting Report.
- Weights all ends and sides that are cut off billet.
- Put on cutting paperwork all bone yard pieces to be weighed.
- Replaces blade
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management