To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience: The ideal candidate will offer:
- At minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in medical-related field or life science. Post-graduate degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree +8 years, Master’s Degree +6 years, Doctoral Degree +4 years of relevant pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare or related environment, especially in one or more of the oncology or rare diseases therapeutic areas; graduate degree (master’s or doctoral) preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience of oversight/ supervision of full-time employees and/or managing external resources, such as contractors or vendors
- Relevant experience in rare disease and/or neurometabolic therapy encompassing patient identification and establishment of diagnostic networks is highly desirable
- Expert industry knowledge and diagnostic laboratory/digital acumen with a track record of successfully managed Dx projects and success working with both commercial and other cross functional teams
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions and reimbursement
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to read, write and speak fluent English; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical Expertise
- An advanced understanding of the drug development process
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, concepts and theories of marketing, patient diagnostics and extensive knowledge of the principles and concepts of other disciplines with a biotechnology/pharmaceutical company
- Extensive knowledge of clinical research concepts, practices, and FDA regulations and in regard to drug development phases, clinical research and commercial operations; demonstrated ability to interpret and apply these concepts to their function
- Breadth and depth of experience managing the responsibilities associated with multiple programs at various stages
- Ability to apply technical, line and business knowledge to contribute to the strategic direction of their function and in development of programs
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Ability to develop and leverage constructive relationships across disciplines and functions with a broad variety of people; establishes and maintains professional and productive working relationships with team members
- High level of interpersonal, active listening, and influencing skills; ability to flex these skills in different situations
- Depth of experience in interacting effectively with cross functional study team members
- Effective decision-making skills that include developing innovative options and/or multiple solutions to resolve complex problems
- Recommends potential courses of action to management and/or senior leaders that impact Marketing, Diagnostics and development programs
- Able to troubleshoot to effectively solve problems across functions
- Ability to work independently using knowledge and work experience in ambiguous situations within a work group/ project team/ function. Self-initiates projects.
- Ability to multi-task, and work effectively under pressure; adapt to change as needed; possess excellent project management skills; attentive to details
- Ability to communicate with teams to set realistic timeline expectations; demonstrated ability to deliver within agreed internal and regulatory timelines; monitor and communicate progress against milestones; escalate complex issues appropriately.
- Exercises foresight and judgement utilizing comprehensive breadth of knowledge and prior work experience and becomes a resource for others
- Champions innovation to drive business improvement within the function
- Ability to apply business knowledge to effectively assess and manage/ mitigate risks to advance innovative processes and methodologies for commercial team in regards to Marketing and Diagnostics
This is a high growth, fast paced, and small organization. The ability to be productive and successful in a scientifically led and data driven work environment is critical. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally on occasion is required, it is anticipated that this will be less than 20-30% of work time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. Including but not limited to: Sitting for greater than 75% of your time, standing and walking for up to 25% of your time. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers. Use of hands to fingers for typing and other computer activity for up to 75% of your time. Reaching with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl less than 25% of your time. Ability to lift, up to 25lbs, less than 25% of the time.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.