The Resident Maintenance Technician supports the customer on all automation related topics. This position must possess a broad based electrical and mechanical skillset along with a “right the first time” mentality and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance. Based at our customer sites, the Resident Maintenance Technician must represent the TGW image at all times and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Resolve customer equipment and solution issues as quickly and practically as possible.
- Complete work assignments and the associated work orders as assigned.
- Maintain the site spare parts inventory.
- Complete maintenance activities of the automated equipment on site including, conveyors, cranes, shuttles, scale checks and carton opening system.
- Ensures compliance with health and safety legislation at all times.
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring delivery of contracted KPIs.
- Associate or technical degree/certificate in controls engineering or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in electro mechanical troubleshooting and repair with material handing conveyor, AS/RS and shuttle experience.
- Experience working with Warehouse Management Systems preferred.
- PLC programming and troubleshooting (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Rockwell, Beckhoff).
- Profibus, Profinet experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus.
- Approximately 10% travel may be required.
TGW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.