To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience: The ideal candidate will offer:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Business, scientific or related field; advanced degree or MBA preferred
- 8-10 years commercial and/or operations experience in biotech/pharmaceuticals with at least 5+ years leading large, complex patient services teams, including interacting with providers, patients, and caregivers
- Rare-disease experience a plus
- Strong understanding and experience in key commercial processes of portfolio and life cycle management, CRM, sales forecasting, budgeting and P/L management
- Seeking a blend of science and business skills and experience
- Experience building high performing teams across multiple geographies and cultures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge and experience in interpretation of regulations and guidelines related to drug development; orphan drug and/or oncology development expertise and experience would be desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships and act as a liaison across the organization
- Technical Expertise
- An advanced understanding of the drug development process
- Leading edge knowledge of the principles, concepts, practices, and theories of Patient Services, Trade Operations, Commercial activities and advanced knowledge of the principles and concepts of other cross-functional disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of reimbursement and strong understanding of health insurance and benefits, co-pay assistance programs, Medicare, Medicaid, and private payer policies
- Breadth and depth of experience managing the Patient Service responsibilities associated with managing a portfolio of complex programs
- Ability to apply technical and line knowledge to plan/design and manage projects within a matrix team dynamic
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Ability to develop and leverage constructive relationships across disciplines, functions and externally with a broad variety of people; establishes and maintains professional and productive working relationships with team members
- Advanced interpersonal, active listening, and influencing skills; able to coach others
- Breadth and depth of experience in interacting with cross-functional study team members, lines and senior managers
- Effective decision-making skills that may require developing innovative options and/or multiple solutions to resolve complex problems
- Recommends potential courses of action to management and/or senior leaders that impact across lines and programs throughout the organization
- Provides and leads in-depth analyses and recommendations to management and leaders in complex situations across the function
- Ability to initiate, plan and organize complex projects and work independently using knowledge and work experience in ambiguous situations across programs
- Ability to apply business knowledge to effectively assess and manage/mitigate risks to advance innovative processes and methodologies
- Ability to multi-task, and work effectively under pressure; lead and adapt to change as needed; possess excellent project management skills; attentive to details
- Ability to communicate with and influence teams to set realistic yet challenging timeline expectations; demonstrated ability to deliver within agreed internal timelines; monitor, manage and communicate progress against milestones, dealing with complex issues and escalating appropriately
- Exercises foresight and judgement utilizing comprehensive breadth and depth of knowledge and prior work experience to lead others on complex projects
- Influence and champion the development and direction of Patient Services and the Commercial team to best support Aeglea
- Visionary in understanding and creating an environment that fosters innovation and creative thinking
- Approximately 25% travel is required; overnight travel is required as needed
This is a high growth, fast paced, and small organization. The ability to be productive and successful in a scientifically led and data driven work environment is critical. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally on occasion is required, it is anticipated that this will be ~25% of work time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. Including but not limited to: Sitting for greater than 75% of your time, standing and walking for up to 25% of your time. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers. Use of hands to fingers for typing and other computer activity for up to 75% of your time. Reaching with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl less than 25% of your time. Ability to lift, up to 25lbs, less than 25% of the time.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.