We are looking for a talented, hardworking and detail-oriented individual for our Deposit Operations Manager position at our Headquarters location. This is an excellent opportunity to make an immediate impact in the organization!
The Vice President-Deposit Operations, has direct oversight and management responsibility for Deposit Operations. Works collaboratively with the SVP of Deposit Services and various other deposit production lines of business to develop and execute upon the strategic plan. Oversees the execution of the Deposit Operation's tactical plan. The VP Deposit Operations will be the SME on programs and systems that are key to the deposit operations area and will take the lead and oversee the execution of all new projects within Deposit Operations, while also working closely with I.T. to implement new technologies that improve business processes and efficiencies, or drives value in other ways. Products, services, and processes supported by Deposit Operations includes, but is not limited to: bank control, BIC reporting, change management recording, Mass Exchange, Teller and Deposit Origination system authoring, Image Center, COLD reporting, online banking, mobile banking, commercial and retail account support, commercial account analysis, check returns and overdraft, customer information systems, debit card administration and fraud control, wires, ACH, remote deposit capture, Positive Pay, ICS and CDARs, and ATM maintenance. Ensures compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to departmental functions. Also responsible for oversight of various policies and procedures related to the areas of oversight. Leads, develops, and coaches staff. Handles all employee related issues including, performance management, staffing, and development.
A Deposit Operations Manager's responsibilities include:
- Drives the growth and success of the Bank by professionally serving the needs of customers and bank employees while being mindful of risk management and cost control.
- Understands the Bank's strategic vision and links department performance to the goals of the organization.
- Provides daily oversight and direction for the deposit business thorough knowledge of the business, the Bank's services, applicable laws and regulations, and affiliated technologies.
- Cross-trains in banking operations positions and provides support in all functions of the department.
- Delivers operational, technical and functional expertise in the development of Bank and departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible and accountable for the budget process of the department, and accountable for the financial performance of Deposit Operations.
- Troubleshoots service complaints and coordinates with various departments in the identification and resolution of operational issues. Elevates, corrects and documents problem issues as necessary to avoid repetition.
- Maintains an ongoing commitment to continuously and thoroughly evaluate emerging trends in deposit operations, systems, processes and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with operational policies and procedures to minimize risk exposure. Monitors and audits policy exceptions related to risk management issues. Communicates with management regarding the control and management of risk within specific teams and/or departments.
- Identifies situations adversely impacting service level quality standards to determine solutions in a timely manner. Suggests methods, process, policies and procedures designed to improve performance, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers.
- Stays apprised of resource requirements, and manages resources at the minimum levels required to achieve performance objectives in a timely manner.
- Recommends strategies for Deposit Operations and implements selected approaches.
- Provide active leadership within the Department, driving the vision, living the values, and reinforcing expectations.
- Responsible for ensuring roles have been clearly defined and have accurately written job descriptions and procedures.
- Develops subject matter experts in the following areas: NACHA rules, Regulation E, D, CC, UCC, FACT Act, and OFAC and promotes cross training in these areas
- Responsible for required internal controls for FDICA related to account maintenance function
- Coaches associates to be efficient, compliant with established policies and procedures related to customer service and operational matters, proficient with transactional accuracy, and focused on customer engagement.