PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: As a National Account Manager, you will represent Great Lakes Brewing Company and work in collaboration with the sales team to partner with distributors and retailers to increase sales volume, distribution and customer satisfaction, as well as build and implement strategic account plans with assigned key on premise and off-premise accounts Requires the demonstrated ability to develop effective presentations which includes IRI/data analysis, and to deliver solution based recommendations that will positively affect both the business of our off-premise national accounts and our own business. All aligned with Great Lakes Brewing Company goals –volume, effective POD(s) and profit while effectively managing budget.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Work with the Director and other Key Account Managers to develop a strong working partnership with all departments internally and with our distributors and retailers
- Gain distribution on new items, continue the sales on existing brands, along with setting up promotional activity through direct interaction with key buyers.
- Develop and communicate programs, update distribution, pricing and promotional activity to the National Account, GLBC sales force and our distributors.
- Assist with GLBC pricing strategies and surveys to ensure proper execution of promotional programs and pricing needs to improve share of visibility of our brand across markets
- Participate in quarterly wholesaler business planning meetings with Business Development Managers and their distributors.
- Work directly with and maintain consistent communication with our Wholesale Partners across multiple geographies to explore incremental opportunities
- Create annual execution plan for the National Accounts you call on with goals for overall sales, distribution, programs and share
- Assist with sales forecasting and strategic plans based on business and customer needs/priorities
- Track execution on all sales programs, including surveying chain stores for display and distribution execution
- Sell the entire Great Lakes Portfolio using data analysis and creative programs to drive results aligned with the company initiatives
- Create and maintain profiles for all National Accounts/call points
- Analyze and develop sales opportunities from VIP and IRI weekly
- Complete monthly recaps to Director of National Accounts and VP of Sales
- Perform administrative tasks in a timely manner (expense reports, distribution targets, recaps, program evaluations)
- Maintain professional image and attitude at all times