**HIRING BONUS IN EFFECT! $1000 AFTER 6 MONTHS OF EMPOLOYMENT AND $1000 AT ONE YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT**
Third Way Center's Joan Farley Academy, Lowry Campus, is looking for a full time credentialed CDE Special Education Teacher to work as a member of our team working with our high-risk youth ages 13-20. We are looking for a creative and dynamic set of people who like to be challenged and seek to learn and better themselves professionally and personally. Strong classroom management skills needed. The teacher will be required to maintain high expectations for student achievement in an alternative high school setting. Our mission is to provide a continuum of services where at-risk youth can work through their traumas and learn to take responsibility for their actions and lives to become productive members of society.
What you will do:
Our teachers are active members of the school and treatment team that carry out our programmatic goals as well as work with students on their own educational goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* classroom management including counseling and crisis intervention when needed
* knowledge of the histories and IEP's for all students in order to give individualized care
* teaching the students different skills based on their current abilities in order to enhance their
opportunity for normalization and self determination
* ability to work as a team and take direction utilizing student's needs is a must
* complete IEPs and facilitate IEP meetings for homeroom students
We have a generous vacation package. This position comes with full benefits including medical, health, dental, vision, 403b w/match, flex, accident, and disability options. As your employer we pay 72.5% of your premiums for health and dental for the first five years. That increases to 90% after your fifth anniversary. We also want to invest in your growth professionally as well as your health, and offer a staff gym that you can use at your leisure.