General Requirements Include:
- demonstrated ability to work safely and comply with safety procedures
- excellent team and communication skills
- ability to work without direct supervision
- strong interest in learning other crafts
- basic computer skills
- willingness to work in a hot, humid and noisy environment
For this position, you must have a journey-level rating or equivalent millwright or mechanical experience plus at minimum two years of experience working in a continuous process industry in a maintenance role.
Must have multi-craft experience which includes knowledge/skills in most of the following: lubrication, welding, basic electrical, hydraulics, print reading, bearing assembly and mounting, precision assembly and fitting, rigging, shop fabrication, layout and alignment, troubleshooting and machine shop.
Previous work experience working in paper or pulp mill maintenance is a plus.
Hourly wage starts at $38.08 and typically increases to top rate of $42.50 after 6 months based on time and performance.
NORPAC offers a highly competitive benefit package.