Director of Engagement for Young Professional Leaders (YPL) and Lead Impact Network Change (LINC) reports to the AVP of Annual Giving and Leadership Societies and is a vital member of the Office of Development. The Director of Engagement for YPL and LINC is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual donors and prospects classified as YPL and LINC candidates (22-40 age group). The Director of Engagement for YPL and LINC aligns goals, best practices, processes, and unique experiences for each donor community but will share excellence in donor experience. The objective for each team member is to create an organic, diverse, and relational network of donor communities that nurture interconnection and investment across the organization.
This position is goal oriented both in revenue and participation and plays an instrumental role on the team as it plans and implements an individual engagement strategic plan aimed at increasing revenue and retention; providing opportunities for development to engage prospects; effectively managing volunteer boards, committees, cabinets, etc.; growing affinity group membership; expanding individual engagement to the entire region; stewarding UWGA friends and partners; engaging a diverse audience; and more. The Director will partner with the marketing team to leverage social and traditional media channels to reach donors and prospects. Compelling and aligned messaging is a constant goal. In pursuit of these goals and other measurable metrics, the Director will utilize and be responsible for various channels to build connections within the UWGA community and beyond, including but not limited to volunteerism, phone, social media, email, events, surveys, etc. This position will also be responsible for volunteer board/cabinet management duties as directed by the Impact Network Team Lead. The Director will focus on individual needs and priorities to maintain superior donor relationships.
This role supports the goals of
- Working with Impact Network, Giving Society team leads and Development Officers to increase and retain affinity group membership.
- Drive and support strategic planning for the year of engagement group interactions.
- Provide and support excellence in the donor experience of United Way of Greater Atlanta.
- Oversight of all aspects of events, partnering with marketing and operations support.
- Direction of multi-level volunteer management. Including full board, chair and committee management and support.
- Serve as a key member of the team, providing innovative ideas and leadership that promote individual engagement.
- Meet all assigned goals and metrics.
- Be service-oriented and collaborative in nature.
- Plan and execute a variety of events and oversee the strategic engagement of event attendees during the event and beyond.
- Offer staff support to volunteer members as needed.
- Design and implement strategies to assist with the identification, qualification, solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship of UWGA donors and prospects.
- Develop creative strategies for identifying and engaging diverse constituencies critical to the organization’s fundraising goals.
- Manage a portfolio of prospects as primary relationship manager. Follow all prospect management policies and procedures. Oversee the solicitation and renewal of all those in said portfolio. Oversee the solicitation of all volunteer leaders pursuant to prospect management policies.
- Utilize the UWGA CRM to track data and ensure data accuracy.
- Request and oversee all prospect research activities as needed.
- Establish quality control systems for individual engagement marketing materials, commitment forms, letters, etc.
- Manage event, society, or other budgets as directed by the AVP.
- Represent the organization at speaking engagements for both internal and external events as needed.
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with Community Engagement programmatic staff and staff across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.