Who We Are:
NatureBridge provides environmental science education experiences for more than 30,000 students and their teachers every year in the world’s best classrooms: our National Parks. Our mission is to connect young people to the science and wonder of the natural world, igniting self-discovery, and inspiring stewardship of the planet.
What You Will Do:
This multi-campus Environmental Science Educator will work at different NatureBridge locations in California and Virginia throughout the 2024 season.
- March-June: Prince William National Forest (Virginia/Washington DC)
- June-August: Golden Gate National Recreation Area (California)
- Late August-November: Prince William National Forest (Virginia/Washington DC)
At Prince William Forest Park, educators teach 3-day, hands-on outdoor environmental science education programs to students from Virginia and Washington DC. Educators work primarily with 5th and 7th graders.
At Golden Gate, educators teach 5-day camp sessions, working primarily with 1st-4th graders, although camp does serve grades K-12. Coastal Camp combines marine and coastal ecology themes with hands-on educational activities and games in a day camp setting.
Your primary job will be to:
- Lead students through multi day, hands-on, experiential learning in outdoor settings, including regular evening programs and occasional weekend work.
- Cultivate an inclusive learning environment by delivering culturally relevant content, by presenting multiple and balanced perspectives and by connecting instruction to participants’ lives and community.
- Engage students in the practices of science via investigations.
- Differentiate and tailor programs that honor the backgrounds and needs of each school group by incorporating teacher requests within the NatureBridge educational framework and program logistics.
- Manage students’ physical safety in outdoor settings using sound judgment and applying appropriate risk management decisions; administer and document first aid as needed.
- $15.75/hour, daily and weekly work hours vary based on programming demand.
- This position is considered Exempt in Virginia, and Non-Exempt in California. You will be paid for travel between NatureBridge Locations
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Option for a 403b retirement plan with employer match after six months
- Generous paid vacation, training days and sick leave
- Other benefits include Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and more
- On-site housing may be provided as a benefit of employment. See an example of our Golden Gate housing Here. Housing varies by campus.