EOE M/F/Vets/Disability Affirmative Action Employer
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for handling all stages of the in-house real estate loan process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the processing of bank consumer real estate loans.
- Responsible for obtaining real estate loan applications, credit bureau reports, and all other required documentation pertaining to the loan from the Financial Services Representatives.
- Responsible for obtaining the required documentation from Loan Officers, Financial Service Representatives, or other sources to ensure bank compliance and regulation.
- Must be knowledgeable of bank Loan Underwriting Procedures, Lending Policies and Procedures, Appraisal Procedures, Flood Procedures, and Construction Procedures.
- Prepare Loan Estimates and Closing Disclosures.
- Coordinate closings with Title Company when applicable.
- Submit request for loan document production from loan administration.
- Verify that all loan documents and supporting documents are complete and accurate.
- Authorize submission of final loan documents to Financial Services Representative for loan closing.
- Obtain signed loan documents and review prior to sending complete loan file to loan administration to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Maintain tracking log and pipeline and report on all loans being processed.
- Must be able to meet attendance and punctuality standards.
- Effectively work and cooperate with supervisors, co-workers and customers.
- Follow direction of supervisor.
- Perform other duties and projects as required by management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- High School diploma required.
- Related experience providing a working knowledge of loan documentation and/or processing is preferred.
- Bookkeeping and accounting skills required to balance transactions.
- Proficient computer, 10 key, and typing skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of people.
- Strong proficiency in Windows, Excel, Word and other Microsoft applications.
- Ability to learn bank real estate lending software.
- Ability to compute basic math functions as well as rates, yields and percentages.
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and ability to take initiative in development and completion of projects.
This work is sedentary and requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time; occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping; good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
- Frequent lifting (up to 10 pounds of paper supplies or minor office equipment).
- Normal office environment.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.