Eligibility Requirements and Qualifications
We are looking for candidates who have:
- At least 1 year of relevant formal or informal teaching experience
- The social and emotional skills to build rapport and positive relationships with people from all backgrounds, abilities, cultures, orientations, identities and communities.
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion within your teaching and workplace community. We especially encourage you to apply if you have lived experience as a member of (and/or extensive experience working with people from) any communities that are impacted by the historic and current system of oppression that has limited access to environmental education or the outdoors in general.
- The ability to communicate clearly to different groups, including students, coworkers, supervisors and educational partners.
- A desire to learn and grow, and an openness to feedback and coaching.
- A valid Wilderness First Responder Certification or a willingness to attain the certification prior to the start date. Stipends are available to hired candidates to offset costs of a re/certification.
- The ability and willingness to perform physically challenging work outdoors and in all weather conditions on uneven terrain; able to hike 5-7 miles in uneven terrain
- Ability to work flexible hours and split shifts, including evenings.
If you are interested in the role and do not meet every requirement listed, please still apply! We are interested in applicants with unique lived experience and skill sets.
*Employment eligibility is contingent on successful completion of a background check.
Why should you join the NatureBridge team?
- We are a mission-driven organization that values your contributions and supports you in making a positive impact on youth and the environment
- You will get to work in a beautiful natural setting with other dedicated educators who are passionate about the environment
- We are invested in supporting our educators through professional development & mentorship.
NatureBridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate based on any protected category, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, gender expression (including transgender expression or pregnancy), political affiliation, age, immigration status or disability. We encourage qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require any accommodation.
How To Apply:
Review the season start date before applying! Submit your resume and 3 references to our Online Application Form, and please respond to the short answer application questions in lieu of a cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
- Yosemite National Park (El Portal, CA)
- Start Date: December 31, 2023