Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic Accounts Receivable Analyst to provide administrative support to our finance and accounting teams. Working closely with the Accounting Manager and Billing Coordinator, this position will manage and coordinate the companies accounts receivable activities and maintain order of the large distributor accounts. The successful candidate will be exceptional at handling multiple priorities, communications at all levels, and taking initiative.
In addition, the ideal candidate is passionate about sustainable agriculture and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and highly organized person to join a rapidly growing, innovative company that is disrupting the 21st century food system.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Research and identify various chargebacks/fees from our larger distributor accounts and make sure that the accounts are well maintained and documented
- Accrue monthly for our sales promotions based on our sales promotion calendar
- Process payments from vendors (credit card, ACH, check)
- Request Credit and Debit notes based on adjustments that are needed
- Provide customer service regarding collection issues, processing of customer credit memos or refunds, processing, and review of account adjustments, resolving customer discrepancies and short payments.
- Assist with annual and interim audit requests, as assigned
- Assist with new customer set up and onboarding
- Coordinate with logistics team for receiving internal copies of invoices
- Perform various physical and digital filing of invoices and other administrative tasks
- Provide excellent and considerate customer service internally and to external customers
- Other special projects, duties, and business initiatives as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of relevant experience in accounts receivable, credit, and collections
- Advanced knowledge of ERP accounting systems (Sage ERP a plus)
- Advanced knowledge of Collections Software (Anytime Collect a plus)
- Advanced knowledge on making credit and debit notes in an ERP System
- Ability to think independently; a professional demeanor, a can-do attitude and other qualities that include decisiveness, excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, able to work according to schedules and work plans, ask good questions and request help as needed. Contributes to team effort
- Good record keeping and organization
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment - someone who will take initiative
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters, utilizing sound judgement in a complex environment
- Experience working effectively with multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Laser focused attention to detail and well organized
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office, proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 400 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.