QUALIFICATIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must hold an earned doctoral degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science from an accredited institution, or be a Doctor of Medicine or osteopathy licensed to practice medicine or osteopathy in the State of Kansas or Missouri.
- Must be Board eligible or certified and continue to be certified: (1) in clinical Time or combined anatomic/clinical pathology by the American Board of Pathology or the American Osteopathic Board of Pathology or other appropriate medical board, or (2) by a Board approved by U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for high complexity testing.
- Must have at least 2 years full-time post-doctoral laboratory training or experience in immunology, histocompatibility, immunogenetics, or a related field, or a residency in clinical or combined anatomic/clinical pathology or other related medical specialty.
- Must have at least 2 years fulltime post-doctoral training in directing or supervising high complexity testing in human histocompatibility and immunogenetics in an accredited or approved laboratory.
- Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and participate in 24-hour call.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license in accordance with MTN motor vehicle policy. Must have reliable personal automobile transportation to be used with company reimbursement using IRS guidelines. Must be able to travel within the service area by ground or air.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to provide direction and achieve cooperation from others.
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to function independently and collaboratively; excellent initiative, problem solving and decision-making skills and well-developed personal stress management skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and transfer short distances.
- Possess ability to operate telephones, computers and lab equipment.
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly in order to accurately convey information in person or by phone.
- OSHA Category II – Occasional exposure to bloodborne pathogens while performing assigned job duties. Bloodborne pathogens protection is required.
- Home internet and wireless phone access is required.
MTN BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES
Respect: Builds a positive and supportive foundation inviting open, honest, and clear communication. Fosters a sensitive, supportive, and trustworthy environment, which promotes active listening and strengthens rapport throughout all interactions. Cultivates teamwork through acceptance and inclusion by valuing differences and empowering strengths.
Excellence: Demonstrates excellence by going above and beyond, while maintaining compassion and humility in all interactions. Demonstrates a high rate of achievement and success for the organization through proactive objectives centered on the overall mission and vision. Consistently models a positive attitude, a willingness to help others, and a dedication to improvement. Takes full responsibility for their role and challenges themselves to find workable solutions.
Accountability: Demonstrates the highest ethical standards, by honoring commitments to each other and professional partners. Executes all interactions through honesty and transparency. Demonstrates responsibility and integrity through ownership of the mission. Utilizes resources appropriately.
Leadership: Empowers, mentors and encourages all staff, while displaying a high-level of professionalism. Demonstrates ability to cultivate teams and relationships through open lines of communication, honesty and respect. Handles challenges with compassion by developing trust through respectful feedback and support. Acts as a resource by providing the tools, which enable others to reach their highest potential.
It is the policy of Midwest Transplant Network (MTN) to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ethnic origin, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, arrest record, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. In addition, the organization complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
MTN is committed to complying with state and federal disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the position he or she desires, to perform the essential functions of the position in question, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated employees without disabilities, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of MTN’s mission.