Advanced Home Health is looking for a Medical Social Worker to be part of our wonderful team to support our continued growth. Advanced Home Health is a locally owned and operated agency. We are seeking a talented and compassionate social worker that wants to make a significant difference in the lives of their patients.
The Medical Social Worker is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses the psycho-social status of patients related to the patient's illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse.
- Carries out social evaluations and plans intervention based on evaluation findings.
- Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
- Provides information and referral services for Organization patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
- Provides information to patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Serves as liaison between patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with Organization personnel to support patient care.
- Maintains and develops contracts with public and probate agencies as resources for patient and organization personnel.
- Participates in in-service education programs.
- Participates in the development of the total plan of care and case conferences as required.
- Assists physician and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Other duties as delegated by the Clinical Director/Supervisor.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.