STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
Assist Special Education Teacher in providing academic and independent living skills’ instruction, developmental activities and daily care of visually impaired and severe-profound children during the school day under the immediate supervision of teacher, with guidance from Sr. Director of Educational Services.
· Follow guidelines, goals and activities established for each child by teacher.
· Assist with physical and socialization needs of children.
· Assist children in activities of daily living -- toileting, feeding, personal hygiene, dressing and diapering.
· Assist in general orientation and mobility and exercises under the direction of appropriate staff (Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Orientation & Mobility Instructor).
· Participate with children on field trips and swimming activities, observing and guarding against accidents.
· Observe and assist in completing monthly reports regarding children’s behavior and development for permanent file.
· Participate in staff meetings and assist in interpreting the program to parents and guests.
· Attend curriculum and in-service meetings.
· Exhibit constant concern for child’s well-being and safety at all times on agency premises.
· Assist in keeping classrooms clean and orderly.
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.