Advanced Home Health Yuba City is looking for a Speech Language Pathologist to be part of our wonderful team to support our continued growth. Advanced Home Health is a locally owned and operated agency. We are seeking talented and compassionate therapists that want to make a significant difference in the lives of their patients.
The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for implementation of standards of care for speech language pathology services and for adherence to all conditions in the Service Agreement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts appropriate evaluations, assesses home environment (as appropriate), identifies equipment needs relative to speech/language function.
- Identifies functional speech defects and establishes a plan of care to improve patient's function.
- Administers speech therapy program utilizing specialized therapeutic technique and/or equipment.
- Recommends communication devices/aids as indicated.
- Confers with referring physician and other organization personnel to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care contributes to the total plan of care.
- As Appropriate, participates in case conferences, in-services and other meetings required to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care.
- Prepares and submits notes per organization policy.
- Maintains clinical competency in speech language pathology practice and theory.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other services and refers as appropriate.
- Instructs patient, family/caregiver and other Organization health care personnel in the patient's treatment regime as indicated.
- May supervise home health aide in procedures directly related to the speech language therapy plan of care.
- Performs other duties as required to facilitate the delivery of speech language pathology services.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of the job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.