Square Enix is looking for a talented Web Designer to create amazing and unique user experiences that highlight our world-class brands, including FINAL FANTASY, Kingdom Hearts, Tomb Raider, and the upcoming Marvels Avengers. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design, remaining on top of trends in web design, especially those in the video game industry. They should also have superior user interface design skills, guiding users through Square Enixs branded experiences and delivering high-performing user flows that meet pre-defined KPIs.
The successful candidate will be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts. They will be able to transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs that complement Square Enixs world-class games.
- Design and develop marketing-focused HTML newsletters, as well as contribute to product marketing website, rich media banners and eCommerce platform designs.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure brand standards are serviced while maintaining UI/UX best practices.
- Provide eCRM strategy and direction for all Square Enix properties based on both industry standards and in-depth analysis of company-specific eCRM metrics.
- Provide regular eCRM performance reports and analysis to key stakeholders and Square Enix upper management.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Internet tools, trends and developments, as pertains to eCRM and HTML newsletter development.
- And other duties as required.
Knowledge and Experience
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or a Visual Arts subject.
- Proven work experience as a web designer.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Video game industry experience a plus.
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Basic understanding of React app lifecycle, for aiding in UX design.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies, especially those that pertain to video game marketing.
* To be considered for this position, please include your portfolio, website or other samples of work.