SleepQuest, Inc. is an expanding National Health Services Company focused on Sleep Related Breathing Disorders. We have provided sleep care services for over 25 years with a comprehensive "continuum of care" that includes diagnostic sleep testing, titrations, and CPAP treatment for obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA).
We are currently seeking an experienced Patient Account Specialist (Collector) to join our dynamic San Carlos Medical Billing Team. This is a full-time non-exempt position, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answer inbound calls and emails from patients regarding their open balance and provide excellent customer service
- Make outbound collection calls to patients with past due balances
- Obtain a valid credit card on file for all patients’ recurring charges
- Research, resolve and follow up on all patient accounts
- Enroll patients in payment plans
- Post patient payments and refunds into our cloud based medical billing software system
- Review credits on patient accounts for refunds
- Contact patients to clarify Coordination of Benefits (COB) or Billing Options when there is an insurance policy change mid device rental
- Participate in 3-way calls when an insurance company and patient regarding EOB
- 2+ years' experience in a patient account collection role
- Experience in a healthcare environment required
- Knowledge of Durable Medical Equipment (DME) a plus
- Experience in medical billing systems, Brightree software a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills, to include proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented, analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- SleepQuest offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, to include Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance coverage, 401k program, vacation and holiday pay, and stock options.