Lead the daily operation of the Catering/Conference Services department by ensuring delivered execution meets agreed obligations by resort and clients.
Ensure the Resort achieves budgeted food, beverage and other revenues in both group and catering markets. Successfully implement and administer the pre-planning and actual execution of group business.
The Director is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the catering/conference services department, while maintaining profitable operations and high quality products and service levels.
The Director is expected to optimize revenues and exceed budgeted revenues and to develop and implement business solicitation strategies to increase catering market share.
The Director is also expected to incrementally improve revenue and profit of contracted group business through suggestive upselling through value adds. S/he must act as a liaison between client, sales and operating departments to ensure a successful meeting and to generate repeat business.
- Effectively sells public space, Food & Beverage, and services of the resort through proactive outbound solicitation for both group and local catering.
- Works with Sales and Operating departments to generate maximum revenues, develop new events and activities and ensures repeat bookings by developing strong client business relations and loyalty.
- Coordinate with event planners to ensure specific group / catering requirements are met for events on property and off property.
- Meet and greet group clients and coordinate pre-conference meetings as necessary for resort or client.
- Coordinate and facilitate BEO meetings with internal staff and ensure distribution meets timeliness standards.
- Develop menus and agendas, ensure BEO’s are issued, and complete all pertinent correspondence with outside vendors to finalize programs.
- Maintain current information on and monitor booking trends to produce forecast figures and month-end reports. Ensure all bookings have sufficient deposit on hand prior to arrival of event.
- Be an advocate promoting all resort revenue centers to include golf, spa, restaurants, retail and activities.
- Participate in daily, weekly and monthly resort meetings as required
- Follow through to completion of function(s) including post program needs.
- Maintain pricing integrity and propose upscale menus for all groups.
- Conducts site tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains clients as necessary in accordance with the company and property policies.
- Interact with outside planners and vendors for special events.
- Establish and maintains good working relationships with outside vendors and contacts.
- Read, analyze and interpret general business documents related to groups.
- Write reports and business correspondence relating to groups including budgets and monthly profit and loss recaps.