The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Bureau of Vital Statistics is responsible for registration of birth, death, spontaneous and induced termination of pregnancies in New York City. The bureau registers and reports on over 285,000 vital events a year and is a very large operation providing death-related services to customers nearly 24/7. The bureau issues more than 900,000 birth and death certificates and fulfills hundreds of data requests annually. Position located at 125 Worth Street, Rm. 110, New York, Ny 10013.
Under the direction of the Director, Birth and Death Registration, the Burial Desk Associate Supervisor assigned to the Burial Desk for this project will be responsible for but not limited to the workflow, case and order management of all COVID-19 death - related tasks.
- ensure that all COVID related death cases are registered within 30 minutes of submission in the electronic vital events registration system (eVital).
- monitor all eVital order associated with COVID death cases and ensure that the orders are processed within one day of submission and according to staffing levels.
- supervise line staff, assign work, prioritize tasks, and monitor work productivity to prevent any delays with COVID-related assignments.
- respond to all funeral director, OCME and other official external inquiries regarding COVID- related cases.
- prepare to execute COVID case management and respond to COVID-related phone inquiries remotely.
- Reassign and adjust staffing levels to ensure adequate staffing coverage of all work shifts.
Note: The Burial Desk operation is an essential operation and is nearly a 24/7 days a week operation, however, the Associate Supervisor will not be required to work evening and weekend work shifts.