POSITION TITLE: Temporary Peer/SUD Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Adult Behavioral Health Services – CalWORKs Program
REPORTS TO: CalWORKs Program Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: 1.0 FTE, Non-Exempt, Non- Union Position
COMPENSATION: $19.29 per hour or $19.91 bilingual differential
The Peer Specialist is responsible for supporting clients with a substance use disorder (SUD) by conducting assessments and providing individual and family counseling, psychoeducation, case management, and other support services that help clients obtain employment and self-sufficiency goals.
- Attend and participate in weekly Family Service Team (FST) meetings with the CalWORKs team, the client and his/her sources of support, and other service providers.
- Provide assessment and facilitate linkage to resources and services that will support clients’ educational and employment goals.
- Share personal experience to inspire others towards reaching their personal goals.
- Develop individualized care plan for each client.
- Conduct individual and family counseling sessions
- Conduct assessments and formulate individualized plan driven by the client.
- Help clients remove barriers to workforce engagement.
- Represent clients and intervene on their behalf with public officials.
- Teach and model strategies for self-care and wellness.
- Provide consistent outreach and engagement for clients who are new to the program and/or have missed appointments.
- Develop and implement individual and group educational activities for clients.
- Participate in all agency activities, meetings, events, etc.
- Maintain all client files and complete appropriate service documentation.
- Complete other duties as assigned.